What is naturopathic neurology?
It encompasses all natural treatments for supporting brain health and improving cognition.
What types of treatments do you use?
It all depends on the individual but there are many ways to improve quality of life including:
- Nutrition: Focusing on nutrients that the brain utilizes including healthy fats and antioxidants
- Botanicals: The resources in botanical medicine are abundant and can be customized for specific impairments from memory loss, paralysis, concentration, and processing information.
- Exercise: Has been proven to increase BDNF (brain derived neurotrophic factor) which helps us to build new pathways in the brain and form new memories. Such as simple thing can have profound effects.
- Supplements: Addressing an underlying deficiency and also focusing on improving performance of specific areas such as mitochondrial health or neuroplasticity can be treated with supplementation of specific nutraceuticals.
- IV therapy: Optimizing nutrients and vitamins in the body of someone who is depleted or has an absorptive issue can be a great treatment.
- At-home exercises: The saying goes “if you don’t use it, your lose it” which is true when it comes to keeping your brain in shape. We offer software programs such as Luminosity and Cognifit to practice at home along with visualization exercises to optimize your cognition.
Do you work with other doctors?
Yes, if you have been diagnosed with a specific condition (MS, Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke, ect) than I would provide adjunctive care along with your neurologist and other specialists.